Monday, May 8, 2017

Blog status update

Anybody still out there following this blog? If so, this post is to let you know that this blog is still alive, still potentially productive. I haven't been here for a while, partly because I remain slowed down, but mostly because for the last few months I've confined my postings to Facebook. It's time I improved activity here now.

I’d long avoided Facebook, but a reason arose to join, and I've tried to make the best of it. Socially, it has indeed been a beneficial delight to interact with old and new "friends" there. As for TIMN and STA:C, I've used my Facebook page to file preliminary versions of posts that should eventually end up here. That was the case with my most recent series here about Trump's ascendance. And it's the case with the next series or two that I'm on the verge of posting here about TIMN's tribal form.

Since the late 80s and early 90s, I have long meant to be mostly a networks (+N) guy in the context of elaborating TIMN. But the way matters have evolved, I've become mostly a tribes (T) guy for the time being. And that's OK, at least for a while. Of the four TIMN forms, it's maybe the least understood and accepted — so I believe it makes sense for me to focus on helping rectify that.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mr. Ronfeldt,

I find your TIMN framework fascinating. For my PhD thesis in science policy I utilized a Hierarchy-Market-Network framework although I see now I could have also applied the notion of tribes. More recently I've been thinking about a "Clowd" (cloud & crowd) form of organization. At one level it may just be a variant of the Network form but I think it may also be a new form. I'd be interested in your thoughts...

Jeff Kinder

David Ronfeldt said...

Thus is David's sister Helen replying for him. He is currently laid up. It may be weeks before he is able to respond. Meanwhile, I read your message to him and he was very pleased with your interest and progress.

If you are on Facebook, please send him a friend request for updates.